EFT for Fertility
Emotional Freedom Technique (also known as EFT or “tapping") is a powerful tool that directly impacts your fertility in multiple ways:
- EFT releases emotions that arise out of dealing with infertility treatment. Anger. Jealousy. Frustration. Hopelessness. Anxiety. Fear. Worry. These are all emotions that are inherent to dealing with fertility. EFT has been proven to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression as well as a number of other challenging emotions. Letting go of these emotions help you feel better on a day to day basis and give you the resilience to continue on your path to baby.
- EFT will release emotions that put your body in FEAR mode. Your Emotions create a physical chemistry within each of your cells. This is the blueprint your cells look to in order to make decisions about how to act. Cells can either be in GROWTH mode, or FEAR mode. Cells in fear mode shut down to all but basic functioning. Unfortunately, fertility is not a basic function of the body.
- EFT creates changes in long-standing belief patterns. If you have a belief pattern that creates a danger signal in your body (e.g.I have to work hard to get ahead, I only have myself to rely on, I have to get ‘it’ right, the world is dangerous, I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop), you are going to have to have constant fight or flight (stress) happening in your body. Over time this diminishes your body’s fertility by reducing blood flow, impacting your hormonal levels, and more.
- EFT works at the level of your subconscious to help determine which belief patterns could be blocking fertility. Beliefs such as I don’t ever want to parent like my Mother/Father, how can I possibly balance work and family, the world is a dangerous place and I’m not sure I should bring a child into it, children ruin marriages, etc.
- EFT helps diminish traumatic memories that are using your body’s resources or ‘telling’ your body that pregnancy is dangerous: sexual trauma, stories of horrible pregnancies/births, your own experience of pregnancy/birth, miscarriage, abortions (if you are feeling guilt or shame) and more.
EFT will help you release the negative emotions and beliefs contributing to and resulting from dealing with infertility. This is a technique that you can use on your own or with a practitioner. Here is a video with the instructions:
Once you have the basics, I suggest that you try EFT on any emotion that you have. Below are some sample set up statements that can help give you ideas about all the ways to use EFT.
Ready for help to use EFT in a deeper way or get to emotions that just aren't shifting for you? Check out the services page for options.